Thursday, November 17, 2016

                            Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving day is a holiday celebrated by many Americans. This is celebrated to give thanks for many blessings of the harvest. The backstory behind thanksgiving is that in 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared a feast that is known for the “first thanksgiving” celebrations in the colonies. Thanksgiving is known for the day turkey is served. People say turkey was native to North America so, they believed it was a natural choice for early settlers. November 26th is the original day Thanksgiving is celebrated. This day was set by President Franklin D Roosevelt in 1939 and it was approved by congress in 1941.
12 Things I am thankful for are:  

  1. My family
  2. Having an education
  3. Having a roof over my head
  4. My health
  5. My life
  6. Having people who support me
  7. Food
  8. Friends
  9. Being able to play sports
  10. An ability to learn and read
  11. Freedom
  12. Being surrounded by the people I love

No comments:

Post a Comment