Wednesday, January 25, 2017

                                           Medical Illustrator

Duties and Responsibilities: Medical Illustrators provide graphic images and photography for professionals. The take images or record a film of a certain part of the body (where the injury has occurred). They specialize more in photography such as 3D imaging or using special cameras. They may also create presentations and may talk about treatment procedures for patients.

Salary: $62,000 - $100,000

Education: Most medical illustrators have a master’s degree. Before enrolling in a master’s degree for medical illustration you need a bachelor’s degree. In the undergraduate degree you may consider focusing on biology, chemistry, or art classes. Common coursework in a medical illustration program include human anatomy, medical procedures, sketching and much more.

Demand or Need for this Profession: The employment outlook for this medical career is not very good. Employment is expected to grow much faster than other professionals. The projected growth is 10% to 25% for this job.



Reflection: I wouldn’t be interested to this profession because I’m not the best at drawing, but I do like what this job does. Like I said I’m not the best at drawing but I do enjoy art. Maybe this job could be for me. I’m undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment