Tuesday, May 2, 2017

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls ---walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground --- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.” - Karl G. Maeser

This quote by Karl G. Maeser means you always have to keep your word. It doesn’t matter if you have to sacrifice yourself into keeping your word. Word of Honor means making a promise that you will keep. In this case Karl G. Maeser is keeping a promise and keeping his word that he will never cross the chalk line. This statement is very powerful it shows how important it is to keep your word. It allows you to gain trust from others and it shows what kind of person you are. Such as Karl G. Maeser. He promised that he would never get out of the chalk line circle. Why did he never get out? Because it was his word of honor. Word of honor means making a promise. Don’t make a promise that you can’t keep because you will end up hurting others around you. You will lose the trust of others. Word of Honor, keep it or lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment